Friday, June 18, 2010

Some of my favorite stamp sets and colors!

Today I got the chance to spread out at a really big table and create.  Play with cards, ribbon, papers and of course, stamps!  I made four cards today, but have two to share, one I want to play with a bit more and the other is not yet done.  I was stamping at a friends house and when I got to the point of putting it all together, I remembered I had some wonderful Soft Suede DSP at home that would go perfectly with the anniversary card.  So for now, all I will say is an anniversary card, pedaling past, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise.  The background paper is one of the new colors coming next month- Early Espresso.  Click here to see the NEW COLOR RENOVATION!



Next up, another of my favorites from the 2009-2010 catalog and returning next year in the 2010-2011 catalog: Flight of the Butterfly.  I am creating another gift stack again and both of these will be in there!  All of the stamps came from one set (how cool is it to create a card without having to jump from set to set or to be able to get started with a few purchases and not have to buy it all now to create something wonderful?)  The scallops are from the Stampin' Up! scallop border punch.....I still can't get over the quality of their products and the punches are definitely no exception, clean cuts each time and a guide printed right on the punch to line up the design all the way down the page with ease!


As I sit and write, uploading pictures and catching up a bit with the DVR, storms rage behind me outside the window.  I love the sounds of wind and rain as it rustles through the trees in the backyard.  I hope when we move I will still have some mature old trees that will rustle in the rain and chirp full of birds!


Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post on my blog! This was the 3rd year we've done our swap and it keeps getting bigger, next year we might have to make it a whole weekend. We've tried different places, we've done a bed and breakfast but renting it was pretty costly about $80 per person. Last year we rented rooms in the summer at a dorm of one of the local schools here, that was cheaper but the location wasn't great. This year we decided on a hotel and it was great, I think this will be our spot for the next few years. We stayed at the Drury Inns and they served dinner and breakfast so it was a great deal. As far as the chairs go, we brought our own chairs and tables. I'm not sure anyone asked if the hotel would provide them for us, but maybe we will next year! It's so much fun and a great bonding experiance for the whole group. Thanks again for you comment! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete