Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Digital Studio- so easy!

When I started scrapbooking and then later cardmaking, digital projects were starting to take off.  As the technology grew, I saw some of the programs and thought it wasn't for me, I felt like it "sucked the fun" out of my crafting time and that playing with the computer was nothing fun when compared to playing with all the beautiful papers, stamps and punches I have accummulated.  Then Stampin' Up gave me the oppertunity to purchase my first order as a demo at an incredible discout- what a nice suprise!  I ordered My Digital Studio, still thinking that while I might play with it a little, I would have the program to take with me to parties so that people could see this element of stamping.

Later, Stampin' Up offered a certification program for demonstrators.  I signed up thinking it was a free way to learn how to use my new software, still thinking I would never really use it.  Wow, I was happily suprised!  The certification process was informative and definately worth it.  Not only did I learn how to use my cool new program, I also started to think of other uses for it.  A week later, I sent my dad a birthday card via e-mail and he loved it!

Here's the first card I made using the software, all I did was select one of the 100's of pre-made designer templates already available and voila!  I get all the credit.  I ordered three, one to keep as is, one to alter with my fun stuff (hands on!) and one to mail to some one, probably mom.  The colors are amazing, they match the SU colors perfectly.  Last but not least, my order came with envelopes, to me that was just the sweet extra touch.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment